Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Time Flies

I can hardly believe that my sweet baby girl is already 3 months old!  It seems like yesterday that she was born and now she is a quarter of a way through her first year.  She is growing in size and developing so quickly.  All of us, (Andy, George and myself) enjoy staring at her and waiting for her award winning smiles.  George especially loves when she smiles at him and always has to point it out.  I think it helps draw him to her, he wants to talk to her or show her things that are going on and is often rewarded with a big smile or coo.  This makes him elated and all giggles.  My heart melts when I see this, they are going to be such buddies!

George is doing new things every day and always amazes me.  He loves to sing his ABC's and has started singing the entire song alone (he used to want us to join him).  He is big on names and associates people with places he sees them often.  He often asks me when he is going to see Daniel, or Elly, or Julia to play.  I love watching him as he notices that we are understanding the words he is using.

Today George started his first day of PreSchool at Scott's Hill Christian Academy.  He was so excited to go to his "new school" and kept asking if he was going to see "boy."  I didn't get it at first, explaining that "yes, you will be able to play with boys and girls at school."  It wasn't until we pulled into the parking lot that I realized he was talking about a "boy" we saw last week during his orientation.  He makes me smile when I notice him associating places with people.  Of course, to me this means he is well above average for his age, but I realize that I am just an excited mommy who is proud as her son makes these developmental strides!    Anyway, George was a trooper, marching right into his room without looking back.  I stared into the room watching as my little guy sat at a table with one of his teachers pushing a car and trying to fit the car/truck/bus puzzle pieces into place.  When I picked him up his teacher said he had a good day and seem to have fun!  She also mentioned that they were doing a project painting their hands and counting and George wanted no part of this and would not allow them to even count his fingers.  Hmmmm...might need to work on the art projects at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment