Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Blogging Attempt...

Soooo...I have been inspired by several friends who have started blogging and figured I would give it a try.      I am hoping that I will continue with it and not give up out of frustration.  That being said, I figure that this would be a nice way for family and friends to stay updated on what has been happening in our life.

I'll start with a little update on our sweet little Ruth.  I must say, she is her brother reincarnated!  She not only looks so much like George, she is a little peanut like he was weighing in at just 7.5 lbs.  She may be slow at gaining, but she is developmentally on target amazing us with her strength and melting our hearts with her smiles.  George has becoming rather fond of her as well, and always wants to say hi to his "Baby" when he sees her.  She is very tolerant of his constant kisses and head rubs that he enjoys to give her as well.

Our sweet boy George has just turned 2!  We cannot believe how time is flying by, and often are sad, however, we then marvel at how much he is doing now and how much fun we have with him as a "toddler."  It is funny how everyone always tells you that all of the sudden your little one will begin talking and saying so much, and that is exactly what has happened with George.  Whether it is his surprising us with singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, ABC's or Row Row Your Boat, or saying peoples names, nothing has made our day more than when he started saying "I love you."  It is so cute how he says it with a slight southern accent and how when he tells one person he loves them, he needs to then go around and tell everyone he loves them (even if it is his car or shoe)!

We seem to be celebrating George's 2nd Birthday all month long.  I'll post some of the highlights of the celebrating.

We began the month with Grampy, Mimi, Aunt Tobi, Owen, P-Pop and Grammy coming into town.  We all had a great time enjoying the beautiful weather and each other.
My new sand and water table.  


The cake candles brought on a bit of a scare...



Yes, we did decide to put him in his "beater" and denim diaper.  A trend in his lifetime :-)

The second celebration was during George's actual birthday weekend.  We had a couple nights to stay at a hotel and booked the weekend at Carolina Beach.  Our little family had a nice "staycation" with each other.  We spent the evening of George's 2nd birthday at the beach with the Reids.  George ate cupcakes and spiced goldfish and danced with his friend Stella.  We spent the day at the pool on Saturday and after dinner took George to ride the "Choo Choo" at the boardwalk.  The night would not be complete without George enjoying his first ice cream cone.  I think it may have been a highlight!  


 Happy Birthday Morning to our 2 year old Leo


Dancing and playing with Stella at the beach.

Sleeping in the hotel and reading my Happy Birthday Book.

 Riding the "Choo Choo" with daddy.

Eating my ice cream cone!  Yum Yum



Ruth did come with us...

Our fabulous playgroup had an "August Birthday Celebration" at Hugh McRae Park and George had a grand time playing on the play set with his friends, and of course sitting down for some cupcakes!


George and Elly

Climbing fences and looking at cars with Paige


The final celebration of the month, whew!  George's friends Everlee, Stella, Daniel and Madelyn came over with their parents for a BBQ.  We enjoyed watching all of the kids (other than George, who was scared) play in the moon bounce.  They also threw balls, ran around, and drank water and splashed around in the water table.  The parents all enjoyed a few cold one's and some burgers.  George and our family feel very lucky to have such great friends!



Daniel, George, Stella and Everlee...what a change a year makes!



Our own little picnic



My attempt at a pull apart basketball cake.

Freddy getting in on the cupcake action!


Ruthie getting some love from Nicole!


1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!! :-) I can't believe HOW DIFFERENT the kids look from last year! I don't think they would have all fit in the bounce pit, had we tried! Good job with your first post!

    ReplyDelete